In Mosul, counter-terrorism forces captured a state-owned television station building. Troops also reached the Judaidat al-Mufti neighborhood. At least 296 security personnel have been killed in the last week in Mosul. About 40,000 people have fled the city.
Militants attempted to move 25,000 human shields out of Hammam al-Alil but were thwarted by strikes.
Shalalat, Sharezad, and Twila were reported freed.
At least 202 people were killed and 52 were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, at least one soldier was killed and another was wounded. Militants killed 40 men believed to have been soldiers from Shura and Hammam al-Alil, and then they tossed the bodies into the Tigris River.
Airstrikes on a hotel in Mosul left 67 militants dead. Another 35 were killed in clashes in Gogjiali. In Ghabat, strike left 29 militants dead and 25 wounded. At least 20 more were killed and 15 were wounded in other strikes.
Four people were killed and nine were wounded by a bomb on a highway near Hawija.
A bomb in Muqdadiya wounded two tribal fighters.
Security forces in Shalalat killed a militant leader and his aide.
In Haditha, security forces killed three suicide bombers.
A suicide bomber was killed in Metabijh.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018
- Four Killed in Iraq – December 2nd, 2018