According to Peshmerga officials, Finland is planning to deploy 50 additional trainers to Kurdistan.
At least 41 people were killed and 23 were wounded:
Seven decomposed bodies were discovered near Hussein Islam village.
Militants killed a woman for hurling stones at them in Shirqat. She was trying to avenge the death of her son who was killed by militants as they were trying to flee the city. Security forces killed a bomber.
A bomb at a park in Madaen left eight people with injuries.
Four torture victims were liberated in Samarra.
A sniper wounded a civilian trying to escape Rashad.
Nine militants were killed in an explosion at a Rawa arms factory.
Strikes on Khorsabad left nine militants dead.
Unidentified gunmen killed four militants in Qaim, including a leader.
In Tal Afar, strikes left four militants dead.
A suicide bomber were killed in Telul Alpaq.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017