According to a spokesperson, the Shi’ite militia Harakat al-Nujab has sent about a thousand fighters to Aleppo, Syria to fight the Islamic State militants there.
ISIS/Daesh has now banned burqas and niqabs when entering security centers in Mosul, after reports of veiled women attacking their troops.
At least 20 were killed and 16 were wounded:
A mortar attack on Qayara left two dead and seven wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one policeman and wounded four more in the Doura district.
A blast in Mahmoudiya left two dead and five wounded.
In Mosul, an airstrike killed 15 militants.
Dozens more were killed in Qaim and Rawa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017