According to a spokesperson, the Shi’ite militia Harakat al-Nujab has sent about a thousand fighters to Aleppo, Syria to fight the Islamic State militants there.
ISIS/Daesh has now banned burqas and niqabs when entering security centers in Mosul, after reports of veiled women attacking their troops.
At least 20 were killed and 16 were wounded:
A mortar attack on Qayara left two dead and seven wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one policeman and wounded four more in the Doura district.
A blast in Mahmoudiya left two dead and five wounded.
In Mosul, an airstrike killed 15 militants.
Dozens more were killed in Qaim and Rawa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018