According to a spokesperson, the Shi’ite militia Harakat al-Nujab has sent about a thousand fighters to Aleppo, Syria to fight the Islamic State militants there.
ISIS/Daesh has now banned burqas and niqabs when entering security centers in Mosul, after reports of veiled women attacking their troops.
At least 20 were killed and 16 were wounded:
A mortar attack on Qayara left two dead and seven wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one policeman and wounded four more in the Doura district.
A blast in Mahmoudiya left two dead and five wounded.
In Mosul, an airstrike killed 15 militants.
Dozens more were killed in Qaim and Rawa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018