According to a spokesperson, the Shi’ite militia Harakat al-Nujab has sent about a thousand fighters to Aleppo, Syria to fight the Islamic State militants there.
ISIS/Daesh has now banned burqas and niqabs when entering security centers in Mosul, after reports of veiled women attacking their troops.
At least 20 were killed and 16 were wounded:
A mortar attack on Qayara left two dead and seven wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one policeman and wounded four more in the Doura district.
A blast in Mahmoudiya left two dead and five wounded.
In Mosul, an airstrike killed 15 militants.
Dozens more were killed in Qaim and Rawa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018