Iraq executed 36 people convicted of participating in the mass slaughter of hundreds of security personnel at Camp Speicher in 2014. The men were hanged in Nasariya. Many human rights groups warn that the Iraqi justice system is flawed if not outright corrupt, so many of these men could have been innocent. A total of 45 executions were carried out this year, so far.
At least 238 people were killed and 13 more wounded:
In Mosul, militants executed 40 people for conspiracy or people smuggling. They executed four more, including two of their own, on sodomy charges. An airstrike on the Dindan neighborhood left 10 militants dead. Nineteen militants were killed in a strike on Mithraq. Another 20 were killed in a strike on central Mosul.
The remains of 30 policemen were found in a mass grave in Jawaana.
A battle in Sinjar al-Kazak left 10 Peshmerga and 30 militants dead.
Two people were killed and nine were wounded in Mahmoudiya when a bomb exploded at a market.
Security forces killed 30 militants who were trying to sneak across the Euphrates River from Albu Diab to Albu Aitha.
A roadside bomb in Tal Keif killed six militants.
Four militants were killed in a strike in Nineveh province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019