Peshmerga forces advanced towards Gwer and reclaimed a dozen villages on Sunday. Coalition jets supported the mission, and Kurdish counter-terrorism forces sneaked into the villages ahead of the operation.
At least 195 people were killed and 12 more wounded:
During operations around Gwer, a journalist was killed and another was wounded. An anonymous source said seven Peshmerga were killed, while another 11 or more were wounded. Sources say 120 militants were killed.
Rockets launched near Bashiqa killed three Peshmerga personnel.
Gunmen killed two civilians near Abbara.
A strike on Albu Ali Jassim left 17 militants dead.
Fifteen militants were killed in a strike on Albu Nimr.
Near Ramadi, security forces killed six militants.
A suicide bomber was killed in Hit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018