Peshmerga forces advanced towards Gwer and reclaimed a dozen villages on Sunday. Coalition jets supported the mission, and Kurdish counter-terrorism forces sneaked into the villages ahead of the operation.
At least 195 people were killed and 12 more wounded:
During operations around Gwer, a journalist was killed and another was wounded. An anonymous source said seven Peshmerga were killed, while another 11 or more were wounded. Sources say 120 militants were killed.
Rockets launched near Bashiqa killed three Peshmerga personnel.
Gunmen killed two civilians near Abbara.
A strike on Albu Ali Jassim left 17 militants dead.
Fifteen militants were killed in a strike on Albu Nimr.
Near Ramadi, security forces killed six militants.
A suicide bomber was killed in Hit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018