Peshmerga forces advanced towards Gwer and reclaimed a dozen villages on Sunday. Coalition jets supported the mission, and Kurdish counter-terrorism forces sneaked into the villages ahead of the operation.
At least 195 people were killed and 12 more wounded:
During operations around Gwer, a journalist was killed and another was wounded. An anonymous source said seven Peshmerga were killed, while another 11 or more were wounded. Sources say 120 militants were killed.
Rockets launched near Bashiqa killed three Peshmerga personnel.
Gunmen killed two civilians near Abbara.
A strike on Albu Ali Jassim left 17 militants dead.
Fifteen militants were killed in a strike on Albu Nimr.
Near Ramadi, security forces killed six militants.
A suicide bomber was killed in Hit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018