Parliament announced on Tuesday the start of a corruption investigation. In response to it, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi banned six lawmakers, including Speaker Salim al-Jabouri, from traveling while the corruption allegations are investigated. However, Parliament rejected it, saying the premier could not impose the ban. On Monday, Iraqi Defense Minister Khalid al-Obeidi appeared in Parliament to address allegations of corruption in his ministry. He blamed six others, including his original accuser, of corruption and claimed they were blackmailing him.
At least 57 people were killed:
In Baghdad, militants shot three women to death at a home in Hayy al-Nasr.
Militants executed a pregnant woman who was fleeing Marir village and arrested four children who were with her.
Security forces killed 28 militants on Khalidiya Island.
Twelve militants were killed in a strike on Rawa.
In Mosul, an airstrike killed six militants.
Airstrikes on Rashad left four militants dead.
Three militants were killed in a failed attack on Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018