Updated at 11:31 p.m. EDT, July 31, 2016
According to the United Nations, Iraq authorities plan to allow Fallujah residents to return to their homes in August.
At least 384 were killed and 217 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber in a Karrada shopping district left 324 dead and at least 200 wounded. The number of fatalities continued to increase in the days that followed, but it is unclear if the known wounded had died or if the new fatalities were discovered later. At least 25 of the victims were children. Families had gathered at the multi-level building to break their Ramadan fast.
Elsewhere in Baghdad, five people were killed and 16 were wounded by a bomb that exploded in Shabb shortly after the Karrada bombings. A government employee was shot dead. A suicide bomber was killed.
A civilian was shot dead in Barwana.
In Mosul, strikes killed 28 militants.
Peshmerga forces killed 20 militants during a failed attack on them in Tel Skuf.
Security forces killed a senior militant in Waqaf.
In Makhoul, a suicide bomber was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018