Canon Andrew White, the Vicar of Baghdad, was suspended from the charity Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East for allegedly paying ransoms to gain the freedom of Islamic State sex slaves.
At least 87 were killed and 21 more were wounded:
Five people were injured in a grenade attack on the Rudaw Media Network headquarters in Erbil.
In Kirkuk, militants executed five civilians.
Gunmen on a road near Balad Ruz killed five detainees being transported in a security convoy.
A bomb at a Husseiniya market killed one person and wounded eight more.
Security forces killed 40 militants in the region around Shirqat and Qayara.
Security forces in Mukhisa killed a militant officer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017