Canon Andrew White, the Vicar of Baghdad, was suspended from the charity Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East for allegedly paying ransoms to gain the freedom of Islamic State sex slaves.
At least 87 were killed and 21 more were wounded:
Five people were injured in a grenade attack on the Rudaw Media Network headquarters in Erbil.
In Kirkuk, militants executed five civilians.
Gunmen on a road near Balad Ruz killed five detainees being transported in a security convoy.
A bomb at a Husseiniya market killed one person and wounded eight more.
Security forces killed 40 militants in the region around Shirqat and Qayara.
Security forces in Mukhisa killed a militant officer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018