Canon Andrew White, the Vicar of Baghdad, was suspended from the charity Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East for allegedly paying ransoms to gain the freedom of Islamic State sex slaves.
At least 87 were killed and 21 more were wounded:
Five people were injured in a grenade attack on the Rudaw Media Network headquarters in Erbil.
In Kirkuk, militants executed five civilians.
Gunmen on a road near Balad Ruz killed five detainees being transported in a security convoy.
A bomb at a Husseiniya market killed one person and wounded eight more.
Security forces killed 40 militants in the region around Shirqat and Qayara.
Security forces in Mukhisa killed a militant officer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018