Iraqi forces took control of Kabrouk with the help of Coalition airstrikes. This brings troops closer to Qayara and eventually Mosul.
Italian Defense Minister Roberta Pinotti made an unannounced trip to Baghdad and Erbil to discuss logistics for 450 Italian troops tasked with protecting workers at the Mosul Dam. Italy already has about 750 other troops deployed in Iraq as trainers. An Italian company was hired to make necessary repairs to the aging dam.
The crisis in Iraq has forced many displaced children to become child brides.
At least 104 were killed, and 87 were wounded:
Three militiamen were killed and 11 were wounded in a double bombing in Latifiya.
In Bashir, a Turkmen fighter was shot dead.
Forty militants were killed during the liberation of Kabrouk.
Near Falluja, airstrikes killed 20 militants.
Security forces killed seven militants and wounded six more in Albu Khanfar, Saqlawiya, and Zagharid.
Seven militants were killed in Subaihat.
Strikes on Haj Ali left three militants dead including a mufti.
In the Lakes region, two militants were killed and two were wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017
- Family Blown up in Mosul; 35 Killed in Iraq – December 5th, 2017