Iraqi forces took control of Kabrouk with the help of Coalition airstrikes. This brings troops closer to Qayara and eventually Mosul.
Italian Defense Minister Roberta Pinotti made an unannounced trip to Baghdad and Erbil to discuss logistics for 450 Italian troops tasked with protecting workers at the Mosul Dam. Italy already has about 750 other troops deployed in Iraq as trainers. An Italian company was hired to make necessary repairs to the aging dam.
The crisis in Iraq has forced many displaced children to become child brides.
At least 104 were killed, and 87 were wounded:
Three militiamen were killed and 11 were wounded in a double bombing in Latifiya.
In Bashir, a Turkmen fighter was shot dead.
Forty militants were killed during the liberation of Kabrouk.
Near Falluja, airstrikes killed 20 militants.
Security forces killed seven militants and wounded six more in Albu Khanfar, Saqlawiya, and Zagharid.
Seven militants were killed in Subaihat.
Strikes on Haj Ali left three militants dead including a mufti.
In the Lakes region, two militants were killed and two were wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018