Shi’ite Militia and Kurdish Peshmerga forces have agreed to transition security of Tuz Khormato to local police forces. The changeover is expected to take about a month, but residents are skeptical that such plans will disintegrate again, as they have before.
Kurdish Member of the Iraqi Parliament Ashwaq Jaff accused former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki of being behind the political strife that is preventing the election of a new technocratic Cabinet in Baghdad.
Baghdad revoked al-Jazeera’s license to operate in Iraq and banished the news agency’s reporters.
At least 311 were killed and 44 were wounded:
In Mosul, militants executed 28 civilians.
Two people were killed and five were wounded by a blast in Mahmoudiya.
Strikes on Qayara left 35 militants dead.
A strike in the Tharthar area left six militants dead.
In Mosul, civilians killed a Daesh enforcer after he sexually harassed a woman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018