U.S. troops are firing weapons every day at Firebase Bell near Makhmour, according to military spokesman Col. Steve Warren.
At least 216 people were killed and 17 were wounded:
A bombing in Abu Ghraib killed two people and wounded eight more.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed two militiamen and wounded three more.
A Coalition airstrike on a rocket factory killed as many as 34 militants in Qayara.
Forty militants were killed in a strike near Nasr.
Security forces in Tikrit killed 18 militants.
In Bashir, security forces killed 15 militants.
Fifteen militants were killed in strikes on Qaim.
Security forces in Garma killed 13 militants.
Artillery fire left 12 militants dead in Albu Diyab.
In Mosul, a strike killed a militant information minister, his wife, and five children. Eighteen militants were killed in other airstrikes.
Two militants were killed and six were wounded in a strike on Zawiya.
In Saqlawiya, two suicide bombers were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017