Kurdish security forces were deployed in Tuz Khormato to stop violence between Kurds and Shi’ite security personnel. Tensions have been high in the city for months.
At least 67 people were killed and 27were wounded:
Fighting has been reported at the al-Tanf border crossing for a second day. Syrian rebels took control of the crossing on Friday, killing one militant and wounding seven more.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded seven more.
Iraqi forces killed 17 militants in Ramadi.
Twelve militants were killed in a clash in Makhmour.
In Bashir, security forces killed nine militants and wounded 13 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018