Kurdish security forces were deployed in Tuz Khormato to stop violence between Kurds and Shi’ite security personnel. Tensions have been high in the city for months.
At least 67 people were killed and 27were wounded:
Fighting has been reported at the al-Tanf border crossing for a second day. Syrian rebels took control of the crossing on Friday, killing one militant and wounding seven more.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded seven more.
Iraqi forces killed 17 militants in Ramadi.
Twelve militants were killed in a clash in Makhmour.
In Bashir, security forces killed nine militants and wounded 13 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Last Remaining ISIS Town in Iraq Captured; 17 Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2017
- Journalist, Turkish Soldiers Among 34 Killed in Iraq – November 16th, 2017
- ISIS Operations Ramp up in Anbar; 48 Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2017
- ISIS Battles Near Kirkuk; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2017
- Militias Destroy Kurd Homes; 12 Killed in Iraq – November 13th, 2017