Fighting at Border Post Continues; 67 Killed Across Iraq
Kurdish security forces were deployed in Tuz Khormato to stop violence between Kurds and Shi’ite security personnel. Tensions have been high in the city for months.
At least 67 people were killed and 27were wounded:
Fighting has been reported at the al-Tanf border crossing for a second day. Syrian rebels took control of the crossing on Friday, killing one militant and wounding seven more.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded seven more.
Iraqi forces killed 17 militants in Ramadi.
Twelve militants were killed in a clash in Makhmour.
In Bashir, security forces killed nine militants and wounded 13 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016
- Protest Casualties Higher; 65 Killed, 506 Wounded in Iraq – May 21st, 2016
- 21 Killed, 124 Wounded in Iraq; Baghdad Protests Turn Deadly – May 20th, 2016