Fighting at Border Post Continues; 67 Killed Across Iraq
Kurdish security forces were deployed in Tuz Khormato to stop violence between Kurds and Shi’ite security personnel. Tensions have been high in the city for months.
At least 67 people were killed and 27were wounded:
Fighting has been reported at the al-Tanf border crossing for a second day. Syrian rebels took control of the crossing on Friday, killing one militant and wounding seven more.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded seven more.
Iraqi forces killed 17 militants in Ramadi.
Twelve militants were killed in a clash in Makhmour.
In Bashir, security forces killed nine militants and wounded 13 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017
- ISIS Burns Family to Death, Including Infant; 57 Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2017
- Symbolic Buildings, Bridge Captured in Mosul; 118 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2017
- Mortars Strike Civilians in Mosul; 142 Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2017