Fighting at Border Post Continues; 67 Killed Across Iraq
Kurdish security forces were deployed in Tuz Khormato to stop violence between Kurds and Shi’ite security personnel. Tensions have been high in the city for months.
At least 67 people were killed and 27were wounded:
Fighting has been reported at the al-Tanf border crossing for a second day. Syrian rebels took control of the crossing on Friday, killing one militant and wounding seven more.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded seven more.
Iraqi forces killed 17 militants in Ramadi.
Twelve militants were killed in a clash in Makhmour.
In Bashir, security forces killed nine militants and wounded 13 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 74 Killed in Iraq, Including Family Fleeing ISIS – July 26th, 2016
- Bomber Strike East of Baghdad; 138 Killed in Iraq – July 25th, 2016
- 164 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike near Shi’ite Shrine – July 24th, 2016
- 78 Killed in Iraq; Bombs Rattle Baghdad, Shirqat – July 23rd, 2016
- Sadr Militia to Fight in Mosul; 29 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2016