Major Operation Underway in Samarra; 131 Killed in Iraq
Italy announced that 130 troops will be deployed to protect Italian personnel at the Mosul Dam. Eight helicopters will also be sent.
Intertribal fighting continues in Basra despite Baghdad’s attempts to quash it.
At least 131 were killed and 34 were wounded:
A police officer was shot dead in Kirkuk.
Militants in Hawija executed six security personnel.
A 12-year-old militant girl reportedly executed five women, including a doctor, in Ghazlani Camp.
A bomb in Baghdad killed two people and wounded eight more.
In Bashir, a bomb killed two Turkmen and wounded three more.
Three civilians were wounded by a blast in Madaen.
Airstrikes near Camp Speicher killed 17 militants.
Thirteen militants were killed and two were wounded during operations in Garma.
Airstrikes killed 12 militants near Sinjar.
Security forces killed a dozen militants in Hamediya.
Nine militants were killed in strikes against Bartala.
Airstrike on Hamdaniya killed seven militants.
In Mosul, airstrikes killed six militants.
Six militants were killed in Hitaween.
Five militants were killed in Nuaimiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fleeing Civilians Shot; 116 Killed in Iraq – August 25th, 2016
- Qayara Reported Liberated; 111 Killed in Iraq – August 24th, 2016
- Fighting Continues in Khalidiya; 189 Killed in Iraq – August 23rd, 2016
- 46 Killed in Iraq, Including British Demining Contractor – August 22nd, 2016
- Baghdad, ISIS Carry out Executions; 238 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2016