Major Operation Underway in Samarra; 131 Killed in Iraq
Italy announced that 130 troops will be deployed to protect Italian personnel at the Mosul Dam. Eight helicopters will also be sent.
Intertribal fighting continues in Basra despite Baghdad’s attempts to quash it.
At least 131 were killed and 34 were wounded:
A police officer was shot dead in Kirkuk.
Militants in Hawija executed six security personnel.
A 12-year-old militant girl reportedly executed five women, including a doctor, in Ghazlani Camp.
A bomb in Baghdad killed two people and wounded eight more.
In Bashir, a bomb killed two Turkmen and wounded three more.
Three civilians were wounded by a blast in Madaen.
Airstrikes near Camp Speicher killed 17 militants.
Thirteen militants were killed and two were wounded during operations in Garma.
Airstrikes killed 12 militants near Sinjar.
Security forces killed a dozen militants in Hamediya.
Nine militants were killed in strikes against Bartala.
Airstrike on Hamdaniya killed seven militants.
In Mosul, airstrikes killed six militants.
Six militants were killed in Hitaween.
Five militants were killed in Nuaimiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Execution Filmed; 131 Killed in Iraq – September 28th, 2016
- Bombers Kill, Wound Scores in Baghdad; 83 Killed Across Iraq – September 27th, 2016
- Fighting Ramps up in Anbar province; 112 Killed in Iraq – September 26th, 2016
- Mass Executions in Mosul; 145 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2016
- Attack on Security Chiefs near Tikrit; 87 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2016