Violence left at least 41 dead and nine wounded:
Fighters from the al-Juraisat and al-Mahamda tribes clashed with militants in the Daesh-held city of Fallujah. At least five tribal fighters and 10 militants were killed. The beating of a woman at a market may have been the trigger, but deteriorating conditions are also a major factor. The tribesmen were able to temporarily capture a northern part of Falluja. Sheikh Majeed al-Juraisi said this was the beginning of an uprising and called on security forces to support them. However, the militants followed the clashes with mass arrests.
A bomb in Harden killed nine Peshmerga and wounded nine more.
Airstrikes killed nine militants in Baghdadi.
Security forces killed four militants in Sakran.
In Anbar province, three militants were killed.
An operation in Garma left dozens of militants dead.
Dozens of militants were killed during operations in Hamediya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018