Violence left at least 41 dead and nine wounded:
Fighters from the al-Juraisat and al-Mahamda tribes clashed with militants in the Daesh-held city of Fallujah. At least five tribal fighters and 10 militants were killed. The beating of a woman at a market may have been the trigger, but deteriorating conditions are also a major factor. The tribesmen were able to temporarily capture a northern part of Falluja. Sheikh Majeed al-Juraisi said this was the beginning of an uprising and called on security forces to support them. However, the militants followed the clashes with mass arrests.
A bomb in Harden killed nine Peshmerga and wounded nine more.
Airstrikes killed nine militants in Baghdadi.
Security forces killed four militants in Sakran.
In Anbar province, three militants were killed.
An operation in Garma left dozens of militants dead.
Dozens of militants were killed during operations in Hamediya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018