Forty people have been sentenced to death over their alleged involvement in the 2014 Camp Speicher massacre. Amnesty International criticized their trails as flawed.
The Iraqi government says it will lay off about 30 percent of its paramilitary forces, made up of Shi’ite militiamen. Falling oil prices have cut significantly into the country’s revenues.
At least 146 were killed and 42 were wounded:
Militants executed 17 young men in Hawija on charges of creating anti-Daesh banners.
In Mosul, militants executed three women who had previously worked for the electoral commission.
Militants killed a police commander in Ramadi.
In Hamediya, strikes killed 32 militants.
Thirty militants were killed in Hit.
Security forces killed eight militants and wounded six more at the Ajil oil field.
Six suicide bombers were killed in Haditha.
Dozens of fighters were killed in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Hawija Displaced Found Dead; 200 Killed in Iraq – June 25th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Mosul War Zone; 59 Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2017
- Many Casualties in Mosul Attacks; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2017
- Teenagers Blown-up by Old Landmine; 46 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2017
- Great Mosque Destroyed in Mosul; 91 Killed in Iraq – June 21st, 2017