Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr called on the government to implement promised reforms or he would quit politics. His al-Ahrar bloc holds a significant 34 seats in parliament.
Hundreds of Sadr’s followers demonstrated in Baghdad in support following the pronouncement.
Anbar police authorities said that security forces are preparing to attack Hit and Kubeisa.
At least 54 were killed and 13 were killed:
In Mahmoudiya, a bomb at a market killed two people and wounded nine others.
An explosion heard in Muthanna province is believed to have come from a landmine that harmed children. Authorities deny it was a Saudi rocket.
Sixteen militants were killed in airstrikes on Layn and the Makhoul Mountains.
In Albu Diab, 16 more militants were killed in strikes.
Five militants were killed during a strike on Shiha village.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Thar Thar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017