Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr called on the government to implement promised reforms or he would quit politics. His al-Ahrar bloc holds a significant 34 seats in parliament.
Hundreds of Sadr’s followers demonstrated in Baghdad in support following the pronouncement.
Anbar police authorities said that security forces are preparing to attack Hit and Kubeisa.
At least 54 were killed and 13 were killed:
In Mahmoudiya, a bomb at a market killed two people and wounded nine others.
An explosion heard in Muthanna province is believed to have come from a landmine that harmed children. Authorities deny it was a Saudi rocket.
Sixteen militants were killed in airstrikes on Layn and the Makhoul Mountains.
In Albu Diab, 16 more militants were killed in strikes.
Five militants were killed during a strike on Shiha village.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Thar Thar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilians Flee Mosul War Zone; 59 Killed in Iraq – June 24th, 2017
- Many Casualties in Mosul Attacks; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2017
- Teenagers Blown-up by Old Landmine; 46 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2017
- Great Mosque Destroyed in Mosul; 91 Killed in Iraq – June 21st, 2017
- Chemical Weapons Report in Mosul; 84 Killed in Iraq – June 20th, 2017