Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr called on the government to implement promised reforms or he would quit politics. His al-Ahrar bloc holds a significant 34 seats in parliament.
Hundreds of Sadr’s followers demonstrated in Baghdad in support following the pronouncement.
Anbar police authorities said that security forces are preparing to attack Hit and Kubeisa.
At least 54 were killed and 13 were killed:
In Mahmoudiya, a bomb at a market killed two people and wounded nine others.
An explosion heard in Muthanna province is believed to have come from a landmine that harmed children. Authorities deny it was a Saudi rocket.
Sixteen militants were killed in airstrikes on Layn and the Makhoul Mountains.
In Albu Diab, 16 more militants were killed in strikes.
Five militants were killed during a strike on Shiha village.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Thar Thar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018