Three British soldiers were reported wounded during an operation deep within Islamic State territory near Mosul. The report has not been confirmed by the military.
Turkish warplanes bombed Fadiliya, killing three civilians and wounding two more.
Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, the top Shi’ite cleric in Iraq, has announced he will no longer deliver weekly political sermons. Instead, political statements will be released occasionally. No reason was given for the change.
Canadian P.M. Justin Trudeau still plans on keeping his campaign promise to reduce the number of fighters conducting bombing missions; however, it appears that Canada, a Coalition partner, will keep its reconnaissance and refueling planes and also increase the number of troops.
Amnesty International released a report describing Iraq’s refusal to punish Shi’ite militiamen accused of war crimes against Sunni civilians.
At least 174 were killed and 62 were wounded:
Three civilians were killed and four were wounded during an airstrike on Falluja.
Thirty militants were killed in an airstrike related to the wounding of the British soldiers near Mosul.
In the Baghdadi area, 17 militants were killed during an artillery strike.
Twelve militants were killed and 19 were wounded during strikes on Dibs.
Eleven militants were killed in Shirqat.
Six militants were killed during operations in Malha.
In Alam, four militants were killed.
At least three suicide bombers were killed in the Albu Shejil area.
Security forces killed dozens of militants in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018