The Iraqi government denied Turkish reports that a base in Ba’Shiqah came under Islamic State attack. Earlier on Friday, Turkish President Tayyip Erdoğan claimed that the attack proved the necessity of having Turkish troops in Iraq even though Baghdad has ordered them out.
A U.S. Predator drone crashed during a mission in western Iraq. The wreckage of the craft was then bombed to prevent sensitive technology from being used by Daesh. The militants did, however, claim to have shot the drone down.
The Speaker of Parliament, Salim al-Jabouri, said that foreign Special Forces have been conducting operations in Hawija. Both the United States and Iran deny their forces have been involved.
At least 112 were killed and four were wounded:
Three university students were executed in Badush.
A bomb near a government employee’s home in Baquba injured his relative.
A mass grave was found in Qadisiya.
Security forces in Tharthar killed 28 militants.
At least 15 militants were killed when they convoy of oil trucks was bombed near Qayara.
In Hit, an airstrike killed 15 militants.
Fifteen militants were killed in Eiyadhiya.
In Samarra, five militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Turn Attention to Baquba; 18 Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2017
- Body Dumping Continues in Baghdad; 34 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2017
- Sunni and Shi’ite Forces Quarrel in Mosul; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2017
- Civilians Still Trapped by Mosul Fighting; 56 Killed in Iraq – July 20th, 2017
- Civilians Returning to Mosul Find Booby-trapped Homes; 44 Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2017