112 Killed across Iraq; US Drone Crashes
The Iraqi government denied Turkish reports that a base in Ba’Shiqah came under Islamic State attack. Earlier on Friday, Turkish President Tayyip Erdoğan claimed that the attack proved the necessity of having Turkish troops in Iraq even though Baghdad has ordered them out.
A U.S. Predator drone crashed during a mission in western Iraq. The wreckage of the craft was then bombed to prevent sensitive technology from being used by Daesh. The militants did, however, claim to have shot the drone down.
The Speaker of Parliament, Salim al-Jabouri, said that foreign Special Forces have been conducting operations in Hawija. Both the United States and Iran deny their forces have been involved.
At least 112 were killed and four were wounded:
Three university students were executed in Badush.
A bomb near a government employee’s home in Baquba injured his relative.
A mass grave was found in Qadisiya.
Security forces in Tharthar killed 28 militants.
At least 15 militants were killed when they convoy of oil trucks was bombed near Qayara.
In Hit, an airstrike killed 15 militants.
Fifteen militants were killed in Eiyadhiya.
In Samarra, five militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Militia to Fight in Mosul; 29 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2016
- More Exposure Deaths near Shirqat; 37 Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2016
- Death by Exposure for Children Fleeing ISIS; 29 Killed in Iraq – July 20th, 2016
- Dozens of Civilians Executed; 69 Killed Across Iraq – July 19th, 2016
- 133 Killed in Iraq; Town of Doulab Liberated – July 18th, 2016