Unidentified Bodies Found; 88 Killed in Iraq
At least 88 were killed and 21 were wounded in the latest violence:
Friday’s attack on the army’s 10th Division base near Ramadi left three soldiers dead and 17 wounded. At least four more militants were killed than was previously reported. The army temporarily lost control of the base but recovered it later. Thirteen militants were killed in a separate attack.
Four unidentified bodies were found near Kirkuk.
Gunmen in Abu Saida killed a soldier.
Two civilians were wounded in a shooting in Baquba.
Airstrikes on Albu Aitha and Falahat left 21 militants dead.
Militiamen killed 17 militants and wounded several more in Salam.
Eleven militants were killed when they attacked a federal police base near Ramadi.
Six militants were killed in Haditha.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Camp Speicher Victims Found; 88 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2017
- Executions in Kirkuk; 102 Killed in Iraq – January 20th, 2017
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017