Unidentified Bodies Found; 88 Killed in Iraq
At least 88 were killed and 21 were wounded in the latest violence:
Friday’s attack on the army’s 10th Division base near Ramadi left three soldiers dead and 17 wounded. At least four more militants were killed than was previously reported. The army temporarily lost control of the base but recovered it later. Thirteen militants were killed in a separate attack.
Four unidentified bodies were found near Kirkuk.
Gunmen in Abu Saida killed a soldier.
Two civilians were wounded in a shooting in Baquba.
Airstrikes on Albu Aitha and Falahat left 21 militants dead.
Militiamen killed 17 militants and wounded several more in Salam.
Eleven militants were killed when they attacked a federal police base near Ramadi.
Six militants were killed in Haditha.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Zealand and Australia Deploying More Troops; 134 Killed in Iraq – April 26th, 2017
- Turkish Friendly Fire Kills Kurdish Troops; 86 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2017
- Mass Execution near Kirkuk; 58 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2017
- Civilians Killed in Mosul Clashes; 180 Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2017
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Casualties; 77 Killed Across Iraq – April 22nd, 2017