The Iraqi government has given residents of Ramadi three days to evacuate before heavy fighting begins. However, it may not be possible for civilians to escape the city. The Islamic State militants have been forcing them to remain as human shields.
At least 109 were killed and 53 were wounded:
Militants killed nine members, including women and an elderly man, of a Shabak family who were accused of aiding the Peshmerga in Hamdaniya.
Two people were killed and six were wounded by a blast in Madaen.
In Ramadi, 30 militants were killed, including a leader.
Seventeen militants were killed and 26 were wounded during airstrikes on Aiadhia village.
Fourteen militants were killed during strikes near Mosul.
Security forces killed a Daesh executioner and his companion during a secret mission to Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019