At least 59 were killed and 14 were wounded in new attacks:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded eight more. Two people were killed and six were wounded in a separate bombing. An oil ministry official was kidnapped and then rescued.
Forty militants were killed during operations in Albu Faraj, Makhazin, and Tameem.
A militant leader and 15 assistants were killed during an airstrike on Hit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018