At least 16 were killed and 28 were wounded in the latest violence. This includes casualties from protests throughout Kurdistan.
Protests continued in Iraqi Kurdistan and so did the casualties. Two people were shot to death during protests outside a KDP office in Kalar. A teenager was burned to death when the KDP office in Qaladize was torched. Also in Qaladize, a two more people died in yesterday’s clashes. Dozens have been wounded. Protests occurred in several cities.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a microbus killed three people and wounded seven more. A roadside bomb targeting Sunni tribesmen killed two people. One person was killed when a bomb exploded at a military checkpoint.
A roadside bomb killed two people and wounded nine more at a market in Husseiniya.
Three civilians were killed and 12 were wounded when militants shelled their homes in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018