At least 16 were killed and 28 were wounded in the latest violence. This includes casualties from protests throughout Kurdistan.
Protests continued in Iraqi Kurdistan and so did the casualties. Two people were shot to death during protests outside a KDP office in Kalar. A teenager was burned to death when the KDP office in Qaladize was torched. Also in Qaladize, a two more people died in yesterday’s clashes. Dozens have been wounded. Protests occurred in several cities.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a microbus killed three people and wounded seven more. A roadside bomb targeting Sunni tribesmen killed two people. One person was killed when a bomb exploded at a military checkpoint.
A roadside bomb killed two people and wounded nine more at a market in Husseiniya.
Three civilians were killed and 12 were wounded when militants shelled their homes in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018