At least 16 were killed and 28 were wounded in the latest violence. This includes casualties from protests throughout Kurdistan.
Protests continued in Iraqi Kurdistan and so did the casualties. Two people were shot to death during protests outside a KDP office in Kalar. A teenager was burned to death when the KDP office in Qaladize was torched. Also in Qaladize, a two more people died in yesterday’s clashes. Dozens have been wounded. Protests occurred in several cities.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a microbus killed three people and wounded seven more. A roadside bomb targeting Sunni tribesmen killed two people. One person was killed when a bomb exploded at a military checkpoint.
A roadside bomb killed two people and wounded nine more at a market in Husseiniya.
Three civilians were killed and 12 were wounded when militants shelled their homes in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018