A major Peshmerga operation was launched in an area near Kirkuk. Several villages were retaken.
At least 205 were killed and 61 were wounded:
Kurdish forces recaptured ten villages in the Daquq area. Five Peshmerga were killed, mostly by bombs. Clashes left five Shi’ite militiamen dead. The militants lost 40 men, while another 45 were wounded.
Mortars killed seven Peshmerga in Tal Afar.
In Bashir, militants wounded two Shi’ite militiamen during an attack.
Fifty militants were killed in strikes on Wailiya.
An airstrike on a convoy near the Syrian border in Anbar left 27 militants dead, including two of their leaders.
In Barwana, airstrikes left 10 militants dead and seven wounded.
Twelve militants were killed when warplanes bombed two houses in Khalidiya.
Security forces killed 12 militants in the Hamrin Mountains.
Five militants were killed and seven were wounded in Makhmour.
In Ramadi, six militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018