A major Peshmerga operation was launched in an area near Kirkuk. Several villages were retaken.
At least 205 were killed and 61 were wounded:
Kurdish forces recaptured ten villages in the Daquq area. Five Peshmerga were killed, mostly by bombs. Clashes left five Shi’ite militiamen dead. The militants lost 40 men, while another 45 were wounded.
Mortars killed seven Peshmerga in Tal Afar.
In Bashir, militants wounded two Shi’ite militiamen during an attack.
Fifty militants were killed in strikes on Wailiya.
An airstrike on a convoy near the Syrian border in Anbar left 27 militants dead, including two of their leaders.
In Barwana, airstrikes left 10 militants dead and seven wounded.
Twelve militants were killed when warplanes bombed two houses in Khalidiya.
Security forces killed 12 militants in the Hamrin Mountains.
Five militants were killed and seven were wounded in Makhmour.
In Ramadi, six militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018