The head of the League of the Righteous (Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq) militia, Qais al-Khazali, has his own ideas on how to fix Iraq’s governmental problems, but he also admitted that some of his rogue followers have committed war crimes. Such abuses forced Sadr to remove his followers from the fighting months ago.
The government is planning on severing the salaries of employees in Islamic State territory in Nineveh province, including displaced persons. The militants have been seizing millions of dollars through this route for months.
At least 106 were killed and 30 were wounded:
A triple suicide attack on a military outpost west of Ramadi left only eight security personnel dead and six wounded despite the use of fuel trucks as bombs. Separately, a dozen militants were killed in rocket attacks.
In Baghdad, three separate bombs killed seven people and wounded 24 more.
Eight militants were killed in al-Baghdadi.
Eleven militants were killed in Husayba.
Security forces killed five militants in Falluja.
In Albu Hayat, four militants were killed.
Dozens of militants were killed during the liberation of al-Msentr and Doizzat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018