At least 291 people killed in attacks and battles that have taken place over the last couple of days. Another 17 were wounded.
About 50 security personnel were killed in two separate attacks west of Ramadi. Details are sketchy.
In Mosul, nine members of one family were killed during airstrikes. Militants executed an engineer working for a satellite station. Eight militants were killed in airstrikes. Three teachers were executed.
During clashes in Sinjar, one Peshmerga member was killed and five more were moderately wounded. Twenty militants were also killed, with the help of airstrikes.
Turkish authorities said that warplanes targeting Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) encampments in the Qandil Mountains left 29 guerillas dead.
A young man was killed and his father was wounded while the son was defending his father from kidnappers in Kirkuk.
In Baghdad and Najaf, a number of journalists were beaten while trying to cover demonstrations.
Sixty militants were killed during clashes near Falluja.
Airstrikes left 32 militants dead near Qayara.
Airstrikes on Albu Hayat left 15 militants dead.
Fifteen militants were killed in Ba’shiqah.
Four militants were killed in Husayba.
In Albu Shejil, strikes left 10 militants dead.
Airstrikes killed 10 militants in Tal Afar.
Nine militants were killed and two more were wounded in an operation in Abu Dalaya.
West of Mosul, airstrikes killed five militants who worked as physicians.
Five militants were killed in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Three militants leaders were killed in al-Sehaji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017