Hundreds of refugees escaping the fighting between Turkey and the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) are crossing the border into Iraqi Kurdistan. Kurdistan has already taken over a million displaced Iraqis and Syrians fleeing the Islamic State.
Former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki rejected a parliamentary report blaming him, among others, for the conditions that lead to the takeover of Mosul by Islamic State militants.
At least 101 were killed and 39 were wounded:
In Mosul, five women were stoned to death for not complying with militant law.
Thirteen security personnel were killed and five were wounded during clashes in Baiji.
Clashes in Barwana left seven security members and 15 more wounded. Dozens of fighters were reported killed or wounded as well.
In Tal Kief, mortars killed seven Peshmerga.
A rocket attack killed one civilian and wounded two more in Daquq.
In Albu Eitha, 20 militants were killed.
Sixteen militants killed each other over money and power in Baaj.
Airstrikes killed 15 militants in Baiji.
In Mazraa, eight militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018