At least 262 were killed and 228 were wounded in fresh violence:
In Baghdad, a blast that killed 15 people at a car dealership in Habibiya also left about 65 injured; the dealership is in an area that transitions from Baghdad into Sadr City. An I.E.D. left on a commercial street in al-Askan killed three people and wounded 25 more. Two people died and 12 were wounded by a blast in the Jisr Diyala neighborhood.
A blast in Taji killed two people and wounded eight more.
A bomb in Mariam Bek on Friday killed four people and wounded nine more.
Four people were wounded in a blast in Abbasi.
In Shirqat, airstrikes left 125 militants dead and 70 wounded.
At the Alas and Ajil oil fields, security personnel killed 50 militants.
Security forces killed 29 militants in Husayba.
Fifteen militants were killed near Daquq.
Missile strikes in Fallujah left six militants dead and 11 wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018