Governor Sohaib al-Rawi of Anbar province followed Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi’s lead and dismissed several aides and advisors who either performed poorly or had been at their posts for over four years. They will be replaced with more qualified candidates, according to the governor.
At least 282 were killed and 278 were wounded:
At least 80 people were killed when truck bomb exploded after sunrise at the Jamila market in Sadr City. More than 208 people were wounded. According to local police, the market is packed on Thursdays with people from neighboring provinces.
A car bomb in Khalis left four dead and 18 wounded.
Three people were gunned down in Yusufiya.
Gunmen killed a woman in Wajihiya.
In Tikrit, two militiamen were killed.
Fifty militants were killed in Albu Adhaim.
Clashes in al-Tahuna left 27 militants dead.
In Husayba, eight militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018