A spokesperson for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan political party says that 2,000 people were executed in Mosul during the last few days. There is no independent confirmation of this event. The Islamic State militants published a list of people they had executed.
At least 119 were killed and 64 more were wounded:
The bodies of 16 executed security personnel were handed over to the morgue in Mosul.
A bomb in Sadr City killed seven people and wounded 18 more. Children were among the casualties.
Four people were killed and 11 were wounded by a bomb blast in Husseiniya.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Ghazaliya.
In Ramadi, 12 security members were killed and nine were wounded in clashes.
A clash near Habbaniyah Air Base left five security members dead and nine wounded.
A car bomb killed two and wounded 13 people in Balad Ruz.
Several people were injured after protesters hurled rocks at police during demonstrations over power and water cuts in Suleimaniya.
In Kazak, 12 militants died in an airstrike.
Ten militants were killed in Tal Keif.
Nine militants were killed in al-Baghdadi.
In Tal Albu Jared, four militants were killed, including a leader.
In Haditha, four militants were killed.
In Husayba, three militants were killed.
Two militants were killed in Saqlawiya when explosives planted on them were detonated. The men apparently had been injured and were being used as booby-traps.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018