The United Kingdom is transferring 125 more troops to Iraq.
The Turkmen Front in the Kurdish Autonomous Region is preparing a proposal for the creation of an autonomous state in the Kirkuk area.
Security forces have recovered key parts of the city of Baiji, which they believe will make it easier to recapture the critical refinery there.
In Mosul, more than ninety women were detained for the purpose of temporary marriage. Residents there are increasingly tired of militant domination but, with the setbacks seen in Anbar, they have no immediate alternatives.
At least 45 were killed and seven were wounded:
Eleven soldiers were killed and several others were wounded when a weapons storage facility blew up in Garma.
Militants executed two policemen in Qayara.
Mortars in Falluja wounded seven civilians, including two women.
Fifteen militants were killed in Salah ad Din province, including a militant leader.
Airstrikes near Baiji left 10 militant leaders from Afghanistan dead.
In Tal Afar, the militant governor and three aides were killed in a Coalition airstrike.
An airstrike killed three militants on a highway between Baiji and Haditha.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019