Iraq Bombs, Clashes Leave 22 Dead
At least 22 were killed and 34 were wounded:
In Baghdad, the number of casualties in Thursday’s hotel bombings was revised. Five more people were killed and 15 more were wounded than in earlier reports, bringing the final casualty figures to 15 dead and 42 injured. On Friday, a bomb on a commuter bus killed three people and wounded 10 more. A civilian was shot dead. A bomb wounded three civilians in Obeidi. At the Diyala Bridge, a bomb wounded three civilians. Two dumped bodies were found.
A bomb in Latifiya killed a soldier and wounded three more.
Ten militants were killed in Ishaqi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 227 Killed in Iraq, Hundreds More Exhumed – May 28th, 2015
- 174 Killed in Iraq as Sadr Criticizes Militias Name Choice – May 27th, 2015
- Shi’ite Militia Battle for Ramadi; 223 Killed across Iraq – May 26th, 2015
- Kurdish Rebels Declare Truce; 86 Militants Killed across Iraq – May 25th, 2015
- Kurdish Rebels Fight Each Other; 133 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2015