Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr threatened to attack U.S. interests in Iraq should the U.S. Congress vote to send arms directly to Sunnis and Kurds. The Iraqi government rejected the notion that the U.S. could deal directly with either group.
At least 69 were killed and 19 were wounded in fresh violence.
Fourteen militants were killed in Garma.
Nine militants were killed in al-Salalat.
In Tikrit, four suicide bombers were killed.
Airstrikes in Zab left two militant leaders dead.
A senior militant leader was killed in Arbil province.
Dozens of militants were killed in Qaraj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018