Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr threatened to attack U.S. interests in Iraq should the U.S. Congress vote to send arms directly to Sunnis and Kurds. The Iraqi government rejected the notion that the U.S. could deal directly with either group.
At least 69 were killed and 19 were wounded in fresh violence.
Fourteen militants were killed in Garma.
Nine militants were killed in al-Salalat.
In Tikrit, four suicide bombers were killed.
Airstrikes in Zab left two militant leaders dead.
A senior militant leader was killed in Arbil province.
Dozens of militants were killed in Qaraj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018