Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr threatened to attack U.S. interests in Iraq should the U.S. Congress vote to send arms directly to Sunnis and Kurds. The Iraqi government rejected the notion that the U.S. could deal directly with either group.
At least 69 were killed and 19 were wounded in fresh violence.
Fourteen militants were killed in Garma.
Nine militants were killed in al-Salalat.
In Tikrit, four suicide bombers were killed.
Airstrikes in Zab left two militant leaders dead.
A senior militant leader was killed in Arbil province.
Dozens of militants were killed in Qaraj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018