Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr threatened to attack U.S. interests in Iraq should the U.S. Congress vote to send arms directly to Sunnis and Kurds. The Iraqi government rejected the notion that the U.S. could deal directly with either group.
At least 69 were killed and 19 were wounded in fresh violence.
Fourteen militants were killed in Garma.
Nine militants were killed in al-Salalat.
In Tikrit, four suicide bombers were killed.
Airstrikes in Zab left two militant leaders dead.
A senior militant leader was killed in Arbil province.
Dozens of militants were killed in Qaraj.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017