The troubling return of dumped bodies belonging to Sunni Iraqis startled two neighborhoods in Baghdad on Tuesday. At least 48 people were killed and 30 were wounded, there and elsewhere.
In Baghdad, unknown gunmen killed six men and wounded two more at a residence in the Jihad district and then dumped their bodies. The men, who belonged to the Abu Nimr tribe, had fled the fighting in Anbar province. They were given a warning to leave their refuge a few hours before the massacre but failed to do so. Also, two more dumped bodies were discovered in Amil. A car bomb in Syed Sultan Ali killed one bystander and wounded five more.
Militants killed two militiamen and wounded three more in Dujail.
Shelling in Amiriyat al-Falluja killed one person and wounded three more.
Three civilians were wounded in a blast in Balad Ruz.
Gunmen wounded a civilian at an Abu Saida bakery.
Thirteen militants leaders were killed near Mosul.
In Debs, airstrikes left 10 militants dead and 15 wounded.
Ten militants were killed in Hoz district, central Ramadi.
Three militants were killed in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017