The troubling return of dumped bodies belonging to Sunni Iraqis startled two neighborhoods in Baghdad on Tuesday. At least 48 people were killed and 30 were wounded, there and elsewhere.
In Baghdad, unknown gunmen killed six men and wounded two more at a residence in the Jihad district and then dumped their bodies. The men, who belonged to the Abu Nimr tribe, had fled the fighting in Anbar province. They were given a warning to leave their refuge a few hours before the massacre but failed to do so. Also, two more dumped bodies were discovered in Amil. A car bomb in Syed Sultan Ali killed one bystander and wounded five more.
Militants killed two militiamen and wounded three more in Dujail.
Shelling in Amiriyat al-Falluja killed one person and wounded three more.
Three civilians were wounded in a blast in Balad Ruz.
Gunmen wounded a civilian at an Abu Saida bakery.
Thirteen militants leaders were killed near Mosul.
In Debs, airstrikes left 10 militants dead and 15 wounded.
Ten militants were killed in Hoz district, central Ramadi.
Three militants were killed in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018