The bombings continued in Baghdad, as did a major military operation in nearby Garma. At least 148 were killed and 74 were wounded.
In Mosul, militants executed a journalist.
Two men were stoned to death on adultery charges somewhere in Ninevah province.
In Kaskie, shelling wounded three children.
Militants killed four tribal fighters in Dujail.
A police colonel and a policeman were killed in an attack on Mazra’a.
Six soldiers were killed in a booby-trapped home in Tikrit.
In Garma, 44 militants were killed in an ongoing operation.
Seventeen militiamen were wounded during clashes in Balad.
Fourteen militants were killed at the Baiji Refinery.
Security forces killed nine militants in al-Baghdadi.
In Falluja, eight militants were killed and five were wounded in an airstrike.
In Samarra, seven militants were killed.
Six militants were killed and 10 were wounded during airstrikes in Saqlawiya.
In Ramadi, five militants were killed.
Three militants were killed in an airstrike in Jazira.
At the Hamrin Dam, several militants were killed when they attempted to cross the lake.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018