Bombs continue to explode in the capital. At least 182 were killed and 107 were wounded across Iraq.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed seven soldiers and wounded 25 more in Khilani Square in Bab al-Sheikh. A second bomb near Khilani Square killed six people and wounded 17 more. Three people were killed and 10 were wounded by a blast in Amil. Three more people were killed by bombs in Bayaa or Husseiniya.
Four people were killed and nine were wounded in a car bombing in Mahmoudiya.
In Baghdad, four civilians were wounded before forces could repel a militant attack.
Six civilians were wounded in Baquba when a bomb exploded.
Gunmen wounded a civilian in Abu Saida.
Security forces killed 65 militants in Garma.
In the Lake Thar Thar battles, 50 militants were killed.
Twenty militants were killed and 25 were wounded when they attacked Tara.
In Khazar, airstrikes left 16 militants dead.
Artillery strikes left eight militants wounded, including a commander.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018