298 Killed in Iraq as Militants Attack Border Posts
Militants attacked two border posts in Anbar province and a new battlefield has opened up near Lake Thar Thar. At least 298 people were killed and 68 more were wounded.
At least three suicide bombers attacked military positions near the Trebil border crossing with Jordan. About 40 security members were killed at one building. At the border crossing, 15 were killed and 22 were wounded. A third location was also targeted. At least 12 wounded were transferred across the border for medical care.
Shelling at the Falluja hospital left 14 dead and 16 wounded, including women and children.
At least ten soldiers were killed in yesterday’s assault that also left an army commander dead near Nadhem al-Taqseem. This attack was part of a larger battle near the Thar Thar Dam that left 117 more soldiers dead.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed four people and wounded 11 more in the Jisr Diyala neighborhood. The bodies of four men who were refugees from Anbar were found in Bayaa. Gunmen in Abu Dsheer killed a woman and two children. A bomb wounded four in Mashtal.
A bomb in Baquba wounded four policemen.
Three soldiers were wounded in a blast in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Security forces killed 87 militants in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 46 Killed in Iraq, including Army Division Commander – April 24th, 2015
- 52 Killed in Iraq Bombings and Executions – April 23rd, 2015
- No Let Up in Baghdad Blasts; 136 Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2015
- Coalition Strikes Kill Civilians in Mosul; 244 Killed across Iraq – April 21st, 2015
- 161 Killed across Iraq As Bombs Continue in Baghdad – April 20th, 2015