Militants attacked two border posts in Anbar province and a new battlefield has opened up near Lake Thar Thar. At least 298 people were killed and 68 more were wounded.
At least three suicide bombers attacked military positions near the Trebil border crossing with Jordan. About 40 security members were killed at one building. At the border crossing, 15 were killed and 22 were wounded. A third location was also targeted. At least 12 wounded were transferred across the border for medical care.
Shelling at the Falluja hospital left 14 dead and 16 wounded, including women and children.
At least ten soldiers were killed in yesterday’s assault that also left an army commander dead near Nadhem al-Taqseem. This attack was part of a larger battle near the Thar Thar Dam that left 117 more soldiers dead.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed four people and wounded 11 more in the Jisr Diyala neighborhood. The bodies of four men who were refugees from Anbar were found in Bayaa. Gunmen in Abu Dsheer killed a woman and two children. A bomb wounded four in Mashtal.
A bomb in Baquba wounded four policemen.
Three soldiers were wounded in a blast in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Security forces killed 87 militants in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017