Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of the Islamic State militants, may have been seriously wounded during a March airstrike in Baaj. Sources say he has been slow to recover and unable to resume duties as commander. The Pentagon has been unable to confirm this report.
At least 244 were killed and 72 more were wounded.
Some Ramadi residents are already returning to the city after reports that Iraqi forces have pushed back the militants. However, this may due to having nowhere else to go. Twelve militants were killed in overnight clashes.
Militants released pictures of 11 militiamen they executed somewhere in Salah ad Din province.
A bomb in Madaen killed three people and wounded four more.
Clashes in Daquq left five Peshmerga members dead and 22 wounded.
Two Peshmerga members and 50 militants were killed during a clash in Sahl al-Malih.
Forty militants were killed in Sufiya.
Police forces killed 32 militants in Baiji.
Fourteen militants were killed during airstrikes in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018