In Tikrit, several more bodies were pulled from what is believed to be a mass grave containing Camp Speicher victims. What is more concerning, however, is the accusation that Sunni militiamen are retaliating against Sunni civilians they believe supported the Islamic State militants.
And, in Sinjar, a Yazidi militia leader was arrested for forming an “illegal” militia.
At least 158 were killed and 10 were wounded.
A roadside bomb near Haditha killed two people.
One militiaman was killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Muqdadiya.
A body was found in a Hashimiya orchard.
A Katyusha rocket attack wounded three people in Sabaa al-Bour.
Peshmerga forces in Harden rescued 28 Yazidis from militant captivity.
Sixty militants were killed during an attack on al-Maleha.
An airstrike near Hawija left 22 militants dead.
In Baghdad, nine militants were killed.
Security forces across Diyala province killed five militants.
Border guards killed a militant near Rutba.
Dozens of militants were killed in the Hamrin Hills.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018