In Tikrit, several more bodies were pulled from what is believed to be a mass grave containing Camp Speicher victims. What is more concerning, however, is the accusation that Sunni militiamen are retaliating against Sunni civilians they believe supported the Islamic State militants.
And, in Sinjar, a Yazidi militia leader was arrested for forming an “illegal” militia.
At least 158 were killed and 10 were wounded.
A roadside bomb near Haditha killed two people.
One militiaman was killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Muqdadiya.
A body was found in a Hashimiya orchard.
A Katyusha rocket attack wounded three people in Sabaa al-Bour.
Peshmerga forces in Harden rescued 28 Yazidis from militant captivity.
Sixty militants were killed during an attack on al-Maleha.
An airstrike near Hawija left 22 militants dead.
In Baghdad, nine militants were killed.
Security forces across Diyala province killed five militants.
Border guards killed a militant near Rutba.
Dozens of militants were killed in the Hamrin Hills.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018