Australia’s Chief of Joint Operations Vice Admiral David Johnston said that Coalition forces have, so far, killed about 9,500 Islamic State militants in Iraq.
On Tuesday, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi congratulated security forces on liberating Tikrit. U.S. officials confirmed that Iraqi forces have pushed into the center of Tikrit, but there are still pockets of resistance.
At least 252 were killed and 17 were wounded.
In Tikrit, the bodies of at least five militants, suspected of being booby-trapped, were seen by embedded reporters. Security forces killed 45 more. On Monday, 180 bodies were sent to Mosul from the war zone around Tikrit.
Mortars in al-Baghdadi wounded a child and two women.
In Baghdad, an I.E.D. killed a civilian in Bayaa.
A roadside bomb killed a taxi driver in Kirkuk.
Fourteen militants were killed in Garma.
In Mosul, dozens of militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017