Bombers struck near an important Shi’ite shrine in northern Baghdad. At least 96 people were killed and 70 were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber struck at rush hour in the Kadhimiya district, killing 18 and wounding 42 more. Four people were killed and nine were wounded by a blast in the suburb of Husseiniya. A civilian was shot dead in Ghazaliya.
Five army officers were executed in Mosul.
Mortars in Daquq killed one security personnel and wounded six others.
A policeman was gunned down in Muqdadiya.0
Security and Jaghayfa tribal forces killed 29 militants on the highway between Haditha and Baiji.
In Anbar province, 24 militants were killed.
Airstrikes in Hawija killed 12 militants and wounded 22 more.
A wali and four aides were killed in an airstrike in Rawa.
A number of militants were killed in Shurtan.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018