Bombers struck near an important Shi’ite shrine in northern Baghdad. At least 96 people were killed and 70 were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber struck at rush hour in the Kadhimiya district, killing 18 and wounding 42 more. Four people were killed and nine were wounded by a blast in the suburb of Husseiniya. A civilian was shot dead in Ghazaliya.
Five army officers were executed in Mosul.
Mortars in Daquq killed one security personnel and wounded six others.
A policeman was gunned down in Muqdadiya.0
Security and Jaghayfa tribal forces killed 29 militants on the highway between Haditha and Baiji.
In Anbar province, 24 militants were killed.
Airstrikes in Hawija killed 12 militants and wounded 22 more.
A wali and four aides were killed in an airstrike in Rawa.
A number of militants were killed in Shurtan.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018