Bombers struck near an important Shi’ite shrine in northern Baghdad. At least 96 people were killed and 70 were wounded across the country.
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber struck at rush hour in the Kadhimiya district, killing 18 and wounding 42 more. Four people were killed and nine were wounded by a blast in the suburb of Husseiniya. A civilian was shot dead in Ghazaliya.
Five army officers were executed in Mosul.
Mortars in Daquq killed one security personnel and wounded six others.
A policeman was gunned down in Muqdadiya.0
Security and Jaghayfa tribal forces killed 29 militants on the highway between Haditha and Baiji.
In Anbar province, 24 militants were killed.
Airstrikes in Hawija killed 12 militants and wounded 22 more.
A wali and four aides were killed in an airstrike in Rawa.
A number of militants were killed in Shurtan.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019