At least 149 people were killed in the latest battles and 42 more were wounded. Security forces once again claimed to have recovered Baiji and its refinery.
In Mosul, militants destroyed and looted several religious sites. An airstrike killed 13 militants and wounded nine more. Many militants were killed as Peshmerga troops liberated several villages to the northwest of the city.
Peshmerga forces killed 36 militants during an attack near Tal Afar and Mosul.
The final count in a blast in Tarmiya on Saturday was revised by one more dead and nine wounded. Only the deaths of three soldiers were reported earlier.
A grenade wounded the owner of a generator in Hilla. Often, one person will own a generator that will power several homes in a neighborhood.
Eleven militants were killed in Tikrit.
Eleven militants were killed in Ramadi.
In Falluja, seven militants were killed and 23 were wounded during artillery strikes.
An airstrike in Mullah Abdullah left six militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019