Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq
At least 109 people were killed across Iraq and 13 more were wounded.
The U.N. World Food Programme expressed concern on Tuesday that a humanitarian emergency is unfolding in southern Iraq, where 50,000 families fled to in order to escape the Islamic State militants. The W.F.P provides food rations to 1.4 million displaced Iraqis, but many more could be going hungry and their shelters are considered substandard.
Six civilians were executed after a dispute with militants in Maria village.
In Baghdad, a militant threw a grenade on the Jadriya Bridge where he killed one policeman and wounded two more. A child was one of two people wounded during a shooting at an Emirates jet at the airport yesterday. Two bodies were found.
A cleric’s body was discovered in Jbela.
Fourteen militants were killed in Ramadi.
In Falluja, security forces killed two militant leaders and their five companions. Thirty more militants were killed in clashes.
Airstrikes left four militants dead in Sherwin.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015
- 118 Killed in Iraq, Tribal Fighters Threaten To Quit Battle in Anbar – January 22nd, 2015