Kurdish Cleric Among 31 Killed in Iraq
Across Iraq, 31 people were killed and 33 were wounded.
Near Duluiya, three security personnel were killed and 18 were wounded during fighting.
A Kurdish cleric was gunned down in Tuz Khormato. Protests took place and Shi’ite militiamen were accused.
Peshmerga forces foiled a tank bomb attack in Sinjar. Several other attacks also occurred. In one, a Peshmerga fighter was killed and two more were wounded.
Two civilians were killed by a blast in Tuz.
A dumped body was found in Jbela.
In Baquba, a policeman was gunned down.
Artillery fire in Falluja wounded nine civilians.
Rockets struck a Peshmerga base in Rashad.
Ten militants were killed by security forces in Tikrit.
In Baghdad, two militants were killed.
A suicide bomber was killed in al-Baghdadi.
A number of militants were killed in Baiji.
Many militants were killed in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 45 Killed in Iraq As ISIS Threatens Those Who Won’t Fight for Them – December 26th, 2014
- Peshmerga Troops Found in Mass Grave; 52 Killed Across Iraq – December 25th, 2014
- 170 Killed, 158 Wounded in Iraq; Bombers Target Sahwa Gathering – December 24th, 2014
- Mass Grave Found Near Baghdad; 228 Killed Across Iraq – December 23rd, 2014
- Iran-backed Cleric Among 53 Killed in Iraq – December 22nd, 2014