At least 228 were killed in Iraq. Twenty of the dead were found in a mass grave that must be several weeks old. Another 32 were wounded.
Clashes with militants in the Sinjar region left two Kurdish YPG fighters dead. In Sinjar itself, 70 militants were killed inside a mosque. Another 28 died in other operations. Over 200 have been killed in the last week as Peshmerga troops retook Mount Sinjar.
A mass grave discovered in Jurf al-Sakhar contained 20 bodies. The dead were likely killed while the town was occupied by militants.
In Baghdad, two people were killed and seven more were wounded in a blast. Uniformed men kidnapped a policeman’s wife and stole money during a home invasion. Gunmen killed a civilian. A dead body was found.
A clash at the al-Walid border crossing left four border personnel dead and 10 wounded. Dozens of militants were killed.
One woman was killed and eight others were wounded by a bomb in Tuz Khormato.
In Balad, mortars wounded seven civilians.
Officials in Saadiya said militants destroyed forty percent of the town’s infrastructure.
Forty militants were executed by their own forces after retreating from Hit.
In Yathrib, thirty militants were killed.
At least 15 militants were killed in Anbar province.
Airstrikes in Mosul left 13 militants dead.
Security forces killed a suicide bomber in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018