Eleven people were killed and 24 were wounded in Baghdad. The U.S. government has approved the sale of 175 Abrams tanks to Iraq for $2.4 billion.
Landmines planted along the main road off Mount Sinjar are, so far, preventing the evacuation of Yazidis, but fresh supplies were delivered to the hundreds or thousands who are trapped on the mountain. Adding to the danger, sporadic clashes are also taking place.
Officials and residents of Tal Afar say Peshmerga troops are within eight miles of the city and engaged in heavy shelling. Also, Iraq’s counter terrorism unit, the Golden Brigades, has been operating around the city. Gunfire, explosions and fighter jets have been heard nearby.
In Baghdad, four people were killed and nine were wounded in a blast in Shabb. Two people were killed and eight more were wounded by a bomb on a commercial street. A bomb near auto shops killed two people. In Bayaa, a blast killed three and wounded seven.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018