At least 142 Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded.
The Pentagon reported the deaths of two senior Islamic State militant leaders and a third mid-level leader.
About 100 militants were killed in an ongoing operation near Sinjar. That would be 20 more deaths than previously reported. The main road off Mount Sinjar was recaptured, so now hundreds of Yazidis who were trapped on it have a clear route off the mountain. The town itself has yet to be freed. A suicide bomber killed seven Peshmerga troops in Qasreej village.
A married couple and their two children were killed during a home invasion in Mahmoudiya.
In Mosul, militants executed two sheiks from the al-Jabour tribe.
A volunteer soldier was killed and another was wounded in a shooting in the Hamrin Hills.
Gunmen killed a civilian riding in a car in Abu Ghraib.
Militants executed a man they described as a “sorcerer” in Tikrit. The man had recently joined the police forces, but he was also a Sufi leader who had a following in the Naqshabandiya Army. That militant group has at times worked with ISIS/DAASH but has also fought against it. Separately, security forces killed 16 militants.
Mortars wounded two soldiers at a checkpoint near Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Clashes in Dujail left 35 militants dead.
Militants executed 24 of their own in Hawija.
Fourteen militants were killed in an airstrike in Baiji.
Four militants were killed in Arab Jabour.
The bodies of two men who were related to ISIS/DAASH militants were killed in Hanbas.
In Abu Hallan, two militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018