At least 236 were killed and 32 more were wounded across Iraq. Several bombs exploded in or near to Baghdad, but most of the dead were militants.
Iran confirmed that fighter jets did conduct airstrikes on Islamic State militants in Iraq and added that the strikes were conducted in coordination with Baghdad.
Militants murdered sixteen members of the Albu Nimr tribe; their bodies were found in a well near Hit.
Five people were killed and 12 were wounded in a blast at a Mahmoudiya market.
In Baghdad, a bomb at a cafe on Palestine Street serving Arbaeen pilgrims killed three people and wounded eight more. Seven militiamen were killed in a blast, also on Palestine Street. Baghdad Operations Command revealed that 51 militants were killed during operations in the last two weeks.
Nine soldiers and 17 militants were killed in clashes near Samarra.
In Jalawla, a roadside bomb killed two Peshmerga members.
Militants in Baiji executed several civilians.
A bomb wounded four volunteers in Iskandariya.
Three young men were kidnapped in al-Buldagh.
Fifty militants were killed in Balad airstrikes.
Airstrikes in Yathrib killed 26 militants.
Fourteen militants were killed in Amin during airstrikes.
Security forces killed eight militants in Hoz.
Seven militants were killed during an Iraqi airstrike near Muqdadiya.
In Albu Talha, security forces killed seven militants.
Another seven were killed during an airstrike in Bashiqa.
Near Rawa, airstrikes killed leading militant officials.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018