At least 236 were killed and 32 more were wounded across Iraq. Several bombs exploded in or near to Baghdad, but most of the dead were militants.
Iran confirmed that fighter jets did conduct airstrikes on Islamic State militants in Iraq and added that the strikes were conducted in coordination with Baghdad.
Militants murdered sixteen members of the Albu Nimr tribe; their bodies were found in a well near Hit.
Five people were killed and 12 were wounded in a blast at a Mahmoudiya market.
In Baghdad, a bomb at a cafe on Palestine Street serving Arbaeen pilgrims killed three people and wounded eight more. Seven militiamen were killed in a blast, also on Palestine Street. Baghdad Operations Command revealed that 51 militants were killed during operations in the last two weeks.
Nine soldiers and 17 militants were killed in clashes near Samarra.
In Jalawla, a roadside bomb killed two Peshmerga members.
Militants in Baiji executed several civilians.
A bomb wounded four volunteers in Iskandariya.
Three young men were kidnapped in al-Buldagh.
Fifty militants were killed in Balad airstrikes.
Airstrikes in Yathrib killed 26 militants.
Fourteen militants were killed in Amin during airstrikes.
Security forces killed eight militants in Hoz.
Seven militants were killed during an Iraqi airstrike near Muqdadiya.
In Albu Talha, security forces killed seven militants.
Another seven were killed during an airstrike in Bashiqa.
Near Rawa, airstrikes killed leading militant officials.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017