Several bombs were reported in Baghdad and Tuz Khormato, but they failed to leave a dramatic number of casualties. Most of the dead were militants killed in security operations. At least 205 people were killed and 29 more were wounded.
Arbil and Baghdad have reached a deal on oil exports. The Kurds will send the federal government 550,000 barrels of oil per day in exchange for 17% of the country’s budget. The issue of oil has been one of the most difficult challenges towards keeping Kurdistan part of Iraq.
Although Iran is not part of the U.S.-coalition fighting ISIS/DAASH, the Pentagon says that Iran fighter jets launched airstrikes from over Iran territory towards militants in Iraq.
Iraqi ministers agreed to take a fifty percent pay cut that will start on January 15 and last until the financial crisis is over.
A detainee revealed the location of two mass graves in Jalawla. Security forces are still in the process of disinterring the victims.
An I.E.D. killed five people and wounded 12 more in Tuz Khormato.
A bomb in Husseiniya killed three and wounded seven more.
In Mosul, a bomb killed five civilians.
Security forces killed 150 militants at the university in Tikrit.
In Huwaish, 27 militants were killed.
Nine militants were killed during clashes in Tal al-Dahab.
Three militants were killed in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Security forces repelled an attack on the al-Tanf border crossing with Jordan.
Peshmerga forces killed many militants during an attack on Makhmour.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018