At least 142 people were killed across Iraq, and another six were wounded. Almost all the casualties belonged to militants; however, there is a report that several children died from exposure after being forced to flee their homes in Anbar province. Also, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu is in Baghdad on a diplomatic trip.
An Iraqi minister said 18 children died after being forced, with their families to walk through the desert from al-Zawiya towards Haditha. Others, particularly the elderly, suffered from dehydration and fatigue. Altogether, about 1,500 families connected to security forces members were forced to flee.
Two policemen were killed in Buhriz.
In Balad, one soldier was killed and three more were wounded during clashes. At least 22 militants were killed in nearby clashes.
Airstrikes in Hawija, Kabiba, and Manzala killed 55 militants.
In Baghdad, 20 militants were killed.
Fifteen militants were killed in Aziz Balad.
Security forces killed three suicide bombers in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Several militants were killed in airstrikes in the Sinjar region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019