At least 74 people were killed and 37 more were wounded. Baghdad suffered from several bombings, but they were comparatively minor.
In Baghdad, five people were wounded in a car bombing at a checkpoint near the airport. Later, a roadside bomb killed three and wounded nine others about three miles away. A suicide bomber killed only himself in Amiriya. Two people were killed and six were wounded in a blast in Radwaniya.
A car bomb in Baiji killed nine people and wounded 15 more.
Sixteen members of the al-Dulaim tribe were kidnapped by militants in Tikrit.
Airstrikes in Riyadh and Hawija left 20 militants dead.
Nineteen militants were killed in Tal Afar during airstrikes.
Security forces killed nine militants in Balad.
Eight militants were killed in Ramadi.
In Saidiya, two militants were killed as they tried to plant a bomb.
Airstrikes were reported in Rutba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018