At least 74 people were killed and 37 more were wounded. Baghdad suffered from several bombings, but they were comparatively minor.
In Baghdad, five people were wounded in a car bombing at a checkpoint near the airport. Later, a roadside bomb killed three and wounded nine others about three miles away. A suicide bomber killed only himself in Amiriya. Two people were killed and six were wounded in a blast in Radwaniya.
A car bomb in Baiji killed nine people and wounded 15 more.
Sixteen members of the al-Dulaim tribe were kidnapped by militants in Tikrit.
Airstrikes in Riyadh and Hawija left 20 militants dead.
Nineteen militants were killed in Tal Afar during airstrikes.
Security forces killed nine militants in Balad.
Eight militants were killed in Ramadi.
In Saidiya, two militants were killed as they tried to plant a bomb.
Airstrikes were reported in Rutba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018