At least 74 people were killed and 37 more were wounded. Baghdad suffered from several bombings, but they were comparatively minor.
In Baghdad, five people were wounded in a car bombing at a checkpoint near the airport. Later, a roadside bomb killed three and wounded nine others about three miles away. A suicide bomber killed only himself in Amiriya. Two people were killed and six were wounded in a blast in Radwaniya.
A car bomb in Baiji killed nine people and wounded 15 more.
Sixteen members of the al-Dulaim tribe were kidnapped by militants in Tikrit.
Airstrikes in Riyadh and Hawija left 20 militants dead.
Nineteen militants were killed in Tal Afar during airstrikes.
Security forces killed nine militants in Balad.
Eight militants were killed in Ramadi.
In Saidiya, two militants were killed as they tried to plant a bomb.
Airstrikes were reported in Rutba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018