At least 74 people were killed and 37 more were wounded. Baghdad suffered from several bombings, but they were comparatively minor.
In Baghdad, five people were wounded in a car bombing at a checkpoint near the airport. Later, a roadside bomb killed three and wounded nine others about three miles away. A suicide bomber killed only himself in Amiriya. Two people were killed and six were wounded in a blast in Radwaniya.
A car bomb in Baiji killed nine people and wounded 15 more.
Sixteen members of the al-Dulaim tribe were kidnapped by militants in Tikrit.
Airstrikes in Riyadh and Hawija left 20 militants dead.
Nineteen militants were killed in Tal Afar during airstrikes.
Security forces killed nine militants in Balad.
Eight militants were killed in Ramadi.
In Saidiya, two militants were killed as they tried to plant a bomb.
Airstrikes were reported in Rutba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018